10 Principles Of Success Continued
Here is the second five points to the 10 Principles of success. If you have arrived directly at this page please click on the link for the first part of this article
10 Principles Of Success Part 1
6. Develop a positive self image. This is most important, any level of success is unsustainable without a very positive self image. I recommend reading the
page for more information.
7. Be focused and goal orientated. Again very important. To be successful we must become successful in every area of life. The ability to set and achieve goals is our primary vehicle for progressing forward. We must set targets and measure progress. Self image, motivation, vision and so many other aspects are covered through great goal setting. Refer again to the
page for more info.
8. Organization and time management. The ability to organize and manage your own time, as well as prioritizing tasks and successfully delegating secondary tasks to others, can be your best friend. Sloppy, unorganized work is reflected in the results. Utilize the strengths of others and allow them to help. Good organization, time management and delegation will make your life so much simpler. It’s a fantastic skill to develop. Stephen Covey's book, “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” is certainly the best book I have ever read on this subject and I highly recommend it.
9. Be value driven, not results driven. Be true to yourself even in the face of short term loss. Remember, it is a long term view we are taking. To violate your own beliefs and your own values is to fail. We cannot succeed if we are failing. Quite obvious I hope. The honesty and integrity you will develop by remaining true to yourself will yield a far greater long term return than any possible short term gain, not to mention the fact that you will still be able to sleep and look in the mirror!
10. Take action This is the last in the 10 principles of success but by no means the least important. Do what ever is required but make sure you take action, everything else is worthless without it. Action is a prerequisite to success, very few things in life will come to you, you must go to them. Fear is natural and normal, all deal with it. Those who are successful find ways to overcome the fear and act in spite of it. There is no way to avoid this, courage is the only solution.
So there are my 10 principles for success. Remember, personal development is a life long task, be patient and persevere, you will eventually get the results you desire.
Success In 8 Words
7 Reasons You May Be Failing
| Benefit from Personal Coaching (claim your free session) or take advantage of our popular e-mail coaching services.
Have a comment, advice or question? Have your say here.
Do you agree, disagree or have something to add, please share! All polite and tasteful submissions welcome.