Quitting Smoking Is A Tough Task, Here Are Some Aids That Could Help
Anybody who smokes is well aware of the fact that quitting is a very difficult task indeed.
Fortunately there are aids available on the market to make the task slightly easier.
The chances of success always increase when realistic expectations are held, so lets be realistic here. They are only aids. They can help through the worst of the withdrawal. The majority is still, at this point going to have to come from you. Medication, gum and patches will not replace motivation and will power.
For those who have these attributes, these aids will increase your chances of success dramatically. For those still seeking the silver bullet or that magic pill that’s going to do it for you, well let me know when you find it, I’ll be sure to help spread the good news to the world.
Bottom line, you have to want to quit badly!
The information provided here is not medical advice. Seek a doctors opinion before using any of these products. In fact if you are a UK resident most of these products are available through the NHS, possibly saving you a good deal money.
So here’s what is presently available.
- Nicotine Gum Nicotine is absorbed through the wall of the mouth.
- Nicotine Patches A good choice for most, they can be used 24 hours a day, or during waking hours.
- Microtabs Small tablets dissolved under the tongue.
- Lozenges Sucked slowly and take around 20-30 minutes to dissolve.
- Inhalators Look like cigarettes and are a good choice if you miss the hand to mouth aspect of the habit.
- Nasal spray Delivers an effective dosage of nicotine through the lining of the nose.
- Zyban (Bupropion Hydrochloride) Medication to help you through the withdrawal symptoms. Usually lasts 1-2 months and cannot be used if pregnant.
- Champix (Varenicline) Similar to Zyban.
The best aids really to quitting smoking is good nutrition and regular exercise. Good luck
link for more information.
| Benefit from Personal Coaching (claim your free session) or take advantage of our popular e-mail coaching services.|
Have a comment, advice or question? Have your say here.
Do you agree, disagree or have something to add, please share! All polite and tasteful submissions welcome.
OrSign up for our free newsletter and receive a complimentary copy of "Cut The B.S"